Licensed Professional Counselor
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Harlingen, TX
Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Description: Guardian Healthcare Providers, Inc. provides healthcare and mental health staffing to organizations which are unique!
We seek a Licensed Professional Counselor to provide Counseling Services in a Mental Health Outpatient Clinic located in Harlingen, TX.
Schedule is Monday through Friday with no weekend responsibilities!
General Summary: The counselor is responsible for providing clinical behavioral health services in a manner that upholds the outpatient clinic’s mission and quality standards and results in better patient health outcomes and overall satisfaction, and stronger operational and fiscal capacity of the clinic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide direct behavioral health care for patients of the Outpatient Clinic with an average productivity expectation of 8-10 consultations per day. Contractor shall provide the following service(s) to Department consumers:
• Functional and strength-based assessment and diagnosis;
• Psych education for patients and their support systems;
• Medication adherence counseling and disease self-management counseling;
• Motivational Interviewing to develop behavioral strategies aimed at symptom reduction;
• Brief problem solving cognitive intervention aimed at modifying negative thinking and promoting self-efficacy;
• Self-care plan development and skills training to facilitate disease self-management, improved coping, distress tolerance, stress reduction, and relaxation; and
• Substance use/abuse evaluation, identification of mal-adaptive coping strategies, and development of harm reduction strategies.
2. Provide consultation to and coordinate care of patients with clinic primary care staff. Identify, refer, and advocate for patients needing specialty behavioral health service, and other services as needed.
3. Consultation with the primary care provider to enhance understanding of the patient, provide decision support for treatment planning and assist in the implementation and monitoring of bio psycho-social treatment plans.
4. Be immediately available to the clinic staff during working hours in the event of a psychiatric emergency. Participate as a member of the clinic staff in the event of any other kind of emergency.
5. Provide accurate and timely documentation of behavioral health services delivered to each participant
6. Participate in biweekly multi-disciplinary case review meetings and provide communication to team members for coordination of care and quality improvement activities.
7. Provides ongoing evaluation and approval of existing clinical program.
Minimum Education, Credentials, and Experience:
• One of the following:
• Graduate from an accredited four-year college or university with a master’s degree in social work, psychology or a related degree.
• Current license to practice in Texas as a Licensed Professional Master Level Counselor.
• Experience in counseling or psychological work.
• Doctoral degree in psychology with a current license to practice in Texas as a Licensed Professional Master Level Counselor.
• Competency in providing cognitive and behavioral interventions to individuals, families, couples and/or groups with behavioral health/substance abuse problems in a primary care setting.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with primary care staff, patients, and other behavioral health clinicians.
All applicants must pass criminal background, child abuse clearance, and FBI clearance.
Guardian Healthcare Providers will offer the selected candidate excellent pay and benefits.
To apply, click on the Apply button, or e-mail email@example.com. Apply before January 18th, 2016 as desired start is February 2017.
Guardian is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V
<< Return to Search Results