Job Type: Part Time
Location: Harlingen, TX
Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Description: Part-Time Social Work Counselor
Guardian Healthcare Providers, Inc. is seeking a part-time Certified Counselor to work with persons with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in Harlingen, TX.
• Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
• Must be a Licensed Counselor
• Must be bilingual (English and Spanish)
• Must have experience working with Intellectual and Developmental Disabled (IDD) Individuals
• Conduct an initial assessment of Sex Offender Treatment Needs
• Sex Offender Treatment curriculum will be based to address specific inappropriate sexual behavior
• Conduct individual 1 hour counseling session per client twice a month.
• Conducts cognitive behavior therapy
• Conducts anger management therapy
• Conducts general counseling for individuals needing assistance with developing coping skills
• Conducts family counseling and/or relationship counseling to address conflicts with parent(s)
• The Counselor must be able to assess the patient to determine if the patient is making progress in treatment and formulate recommendation for the treatment team
• Counselor must have knowledge of and adhere to all policies and procedures related to maintaining confidentiality.
• Ability to establish positive working relationships with residents based on dignity and respect.
• History of establishing positive, cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
• Ability to effectively communicate information (oral, written) to others.
• Ability to type documents effectively via the computer.
• Effective organization skills.
Each selected candidate must be ready to begin training the day after being selected at 8:00 a.m. at the facility training department.
Guardian will pay an excellent hourly rate. Click on the Apply Button, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guardian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
<< Return to Search Results